This is my life. There is no escaping FOMO for me. Either I am the one with FOMO, constantly checking emails, Twitter, and Facebook, not to mention texts, or someone I am with someone who has FOMO and is annoying me.
I'm pretty good about ignoring my phone when I'm hanging out with people because it infuriates me when people ignore me for their phone.* My best friend, on the other hand, is terrible. He is constantly texting - even while driving, making me yell at him - or checking email or Facebook and it drives me nuts. We can be out to dinner or having drinks or just watching tv and he is constantly on his phone.
Why can't people enjoy the people who are actually making an effort to spend real time with them, rather than focusing on what other people, who aren't with them, are doing? Whatever happened to enjoying the moment?
*Seriously. I really do make an effort. Avoiding work is one thing, but I think it's terribly rude to ignore people you are with and I just don't do it (much).
No comments:
Post a Comment