November 15, 2013

AcWriMo Week 3

Ack! We're halfway through AcWriMo, but I'm not halfway through my goals. Where has the month gone?

Let's evaluate, shall we? For me, I think I'm going to stick with the detailed schedule. I've also found I really need to have my writing planned out ahead of time, preferably for a few days at a time (even better - for the week), not just the next day. That way I can visualize the impending disaster of not getting that day's writing done.

How was your week? How's the month going? What has worked for you? What hasn't? What are you thinking about changing?


3 comments:

  1. I wrote twice this week. I was too busy beating myself up, yeah? I've thought a lot about Abigail's Twitter comment that it's just something you do. We wouldn't neglect grading or class prep or service responsibilities...why neglect writing? Working on that.

    As you recommended, I believe it may be best for me to try writing first thing--I have a habit of spending quite a bit of morning time journaling, reading, and dwelling in that introvert cave I enjoy so much. But I usually do have enough time that I could do writing first, then journal. I'll try that tomorrow--in the spirit of using AcWriMo to figure out how to create a habit. And thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been so great about writing first thing myself! Despite the fact that I know it works, it's a really hard habit to get into, particularly when I teach at 8:00 a.m.

      Delete
  2. I wrote four times this week. Two days grading preempted writing and one day I had a migraine. I managed to write 1,411 words in those four days, so I'm still down in my word count, but I am going to write later in the day today. I need to read some an article first an rethink my plan of attack on this particular section. I need to plan out my week today, too.

    ReplyDelete