November 29, 2013

The End of AcWriMo!

That's all, folks! How'd you do? Did you accomplish your goals? Create some habits to help you write all year long?

I hope you all had a better end to AcWriMo than I did. I think I wrote 500 words these past two weeks and most of that was last week, not this one. Life took over this week and nothing was done. 

Still, I learned a lot about what I need to do to finish the monster. I found out that planning exactly when and what I will write works for me, at least right now. A year ago, it didn't work so well, but more structure seems to help these days. I still need to work on making the writing a priority that doesn't get swept aside in the face of more immediate needs, like grading or emails or lessons.

Despite the fact that I only accomplished one of my goals - the introduction - I wrote more this month than I have in a long time and I feel like I'm in a good position for December and beyond, too. 
I'm going to count this as a success because I really, really need one right now.

Let's celebrate with a little Queen, shall we? 



1 comment:

  1. I wish I had something positive to report, and that I had been able to stick it out for AcWriMo. I know there are lessons learned here, but I don't have time to process them until the end-of-semester insanity ebbs.

    ReplyDelete